Trainee selection process
How, when & why you should apply to Haseltine Lake Kempner.
- We update you every step of the way
- Our selection days are designed for you to get to know us, take the opportunity to meet Partners and current trainees
- Get an insight into the social aspect of HLK and the support provided in the HLK Academy
September – November:
Adverts go live on our site, IP Careers and University websites. Applications from outstanding students with relevant degrees (2.1 minimum) are welcome, this consists of a current CV, cover letter and an application form.
November – December:
Join us for a selection day
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a selection day. During the day you will get the chance to meet two Partners for an interview, have your time management, writing skills and precision tested through written exercises and meet current trainees to get an insight into life at HLK.
December – January:
Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer of employment.
The following September:
Join Haseltine Lake Kempner
You will join a cohort of trainees and begin the HLK Academy from your first week with us. This is an amazing opportunity to meet trainees, partners, associates, attorneys and support colleagues from other offices and teams.
- Triple check your CV, cover letter and application form. Be meticulous and don’t stand out from the crowd for the wrong reason.
- Do your research and let us know why you’ve chosen Haseltine Lake Kempner as your employer of choice.
- Your technical ability is key, ensure you showcase your capability to express scientific ideas with logic and clarity, both verbally and in writing.
So you know, we’ll stay in touch to see how you’re getting on and will always be available for any queries you may have at email@example.com.
Follow us on social for further updates: