Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the Seasonal goodwill challenge: Pay IP Forward competition.
1. The promoter is Haseltine Lake Kempner LLP (registration number OC344156) whose registered office is One Portwall Square, Portwall Lane, Bristol BS1 6GH, United Kingdom (“HLK”).
2. All entrants must be aged 18 or over. Employees and partners of HLK (or members of the families or households of employees or partners) of HLK or anyone else connected to the competition may not enter.
3. Only entries made online by completing and submitting the online entry form by the relevant draw closing date and time will be accepted. An entrant may enter multiple times.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter and entry to the competition is free. Entrants are responsible for the cost of connection to the online entry form, for example standard mobile data or internet connection charges may apply.
5. Submission of an entry form is an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
6. Whilst the competition is open to entrants from outside the United Kingdom, entrants will not be eligible if they are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the competition may breach any local law or regulation.
7. No entries will be accepted that are: automatically generated by computers or AI (including, but not limited to, Chatbots such as ChatGPT or similar); completed by third parties in bulk; illegible or incomplete.
8. The competition will take place over a three-week period starting on 1 December 2023 and ending on 22 December 2023 (“Competition Period”). A winning entry for each week will be selected from the entries received by the closing date for that week. There will be no more than three winning entries over the Competition Period.
9. The closing dates for each week of the Competition Period are: a) week 1: Friday 8 December 2023; (b) week 2: Friday 15 December 2023; and (c) week 3: Friday 22 December 2023. All entries must be received by 10:00am British Time on the closing date to be eligible for selection. Entries submitted after this time may not be accepted.
10. For each of the draws, the winning entry will be randomly selected from all entries received via the entry form by the closing date for the relevant week.
11. In this competition, the prize is a charitable donation. HLK shall give one donation of £250 each week over the Competition Period (or the equivalent in Euros or other official currency at the time of payment where delivery is to take place outside the UK) (each a “Donation” and together “the Donations”) to an Eligible Charity (as defined below), nominated by the winning entrant.
12. The winning entrant will receive notification via email, to the email address supplied on the entry form, on the closing date and asked to nominate a charity to receive the donation. Winners must respond within seven calendar days of this communication. HLK reserves the right to select another winning entrant if a reply is not received in time, and HLK shall have no liability to previously selected winning entrants who have not replied in time. Return of any winning entry notification email as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in the selection of an alternate winning entry.
13. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, an “Eligible Charity” is any charity which:
- has been in existence for at least six months;
- is a not-for-profit organisation;
- has satisfied the due diligence process requirements of HLK;
- is registered with the regulator or regulatory body that governs charities in its home nation, state or governing jurisdiction. By way of example, this includes bodies such as, but not limited to, the Charity Commission for England and Wales; the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator; The Deutscher Spendenrat e.V.; and other similar entities depending on the location in which the charity is registered.
(each a “Regulator” and together “the Regulators”); OR is exempt from registration with any of the Regulators, but is accepted as an eligible charity by HLK at HLK’s sole discretion;
- does not discriminate unlawfully in any way, as determined by the sole discretion of the HLK;
- does not support any specific political party or affiliated group; and
- does not relate to any controversial subject matter that is contrary to the values and expectations of HLK and its group of companies.
14. Nominated organisations which do not fall within the definition of an Eligible Charity as set out above will not be accepted to receive a Donation. Only Eligible Charities approved by HLK at the HLK’s sole discretion will be eligible to receive a Donation.
15. Each Donation will be paid directly by HLK to the charity nominated by the winning entrant, provided that the nominated charity falls within the definition of an Eligible Charity as set out above.
16. Each Donation is given at HLK’s sole discretion and is subject to the terms set out in these Terms and Conditions.
17. Each entrant agrees that HLK (and third parties authorised by HLK) may use the answer to the question submitted on their entry form across its website, social media channels and on any other media. For this purpose, you hereby grant HLK (and third parties authorised by HLK) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, use as part of any advertising campaign. This is limited to the answer to the question, and does not include any identifying information entered on the entry form.
18. HLK reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control.
20. These Terms and Conditions are between HLK and the entrants. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
21. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms and Conditions operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
22. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute (including non-contractual disputes) or matter arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.